La Salle High School offers an ACT Intensive Prep Course
On Wednesday, March 16, 2022, La Salle juniors will be taking an official, state-funded ACT provided through the State of Ohio in conjunction with the ACT organization. The results of this test can be submitted with students’ college applications in their senior year. Other than for the March 16 ACT, students will need to pay the registration fee for the test. (The current fee is $60 for the test without the writing/essay portion, which most universities do not require.)
Though it is never required for testing, La Salle is offering an ACT Prep Course prior to the March 16 ACT. Test preparation is no different than any other skill: the more the student intently learns and practices, the better the student should become. Our approach involves testing, skills review, problem-solving concepts and strategies and practice materials.
The course will consist of six (6) sessions from 3:15-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday afternoons:
- February 8
- February 15
- February 22
- March 1
- March 8
- March 15
Post-registration, a student and his parents will be required to sign a commitment form, which will be provided after
registration and must be submitted at the first session so that the student is able to continue to participate in the
Questions or concerns, please contact Kathy Moroney, email@example.com.
- Class size will be limited to the first 20 paid registrants.
- Registration is open from January 5 - 31.
- The fee for the course is $385, which also includes the purchase of the Princeton ACT Prep Guide (2021). If the student already owns the textbook or wants to purchase his own copy, the fee would be $360. The text is available from Amazon and other retailers. Details below:
- The Princeton Review: ACT Prep Guide (2021)
- ISBN-13: 978-0525570110
- ISBN-10: 052557011X
- If there are still openings, late registrations will be accepted with the same fee of $385, but the student will need to purchase his own ACT book as the texts will have already been ordered for the course.
- The entire fee must be submitted before the student will be allowed to attend the course.
- The student must personally register online for the actual ACT and SAT tests as these require credit card and personal information.
- Students who have previously taken our course may attend again without charge, but they must register. Please contact Mrs. Moroney directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your payment now by clicking this link.