2021-22 School Year
La Salle High School will follow current health department guidelines in regard to COVID-19 for the 2021-22 school year. We will update our policy and guidance based on changes made by local officials.
Vaccinations are strongly encouraged but not mandatory. Vaccinations can be received at Walgreens, CVS, Mercy Health, Kroger and other sites throughout the city. Most retailers offer walk-in appointments. Please visit Test and Protect Cincinnati to find a site near you.
La Salle will not require masks for on-campus and school-sponsored events. Individuals may choose to wear a mask in any setting. Parents/guardians should discuss their personal mask-wearing expectations with their son(s).
Based upon current guidance from Hamilton County Public Health:
- Fully vaccinated individuals will not need to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19 unless symptoms are present. Vaccinated individuals who test positive will need to quarantine and their close contacts will also be required to quarantine.
- Unvaccinated, unmasked individuals may need to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19. Since masks are not required, classroom quarantines for close contacts would take effect again - individuals within 6ft for 15 minutes of exposure over 48 hours are considered close contacts.
La Salle will continue to offer sanitization stations throughout our building, provide increased sanitization by our maintenance staff and maintain classroom sanitization supplies.
Students should stay home when ill.
- If a student is unvaccinated and exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 he should seek care from a healthcare provider.
- If a student has symptoms of a gastrointestinal disorder or fever he should stay home until symptoms resolve for 24 hours.
- If a student has missed class due to illness, a note should be provided to the school nurse upon return to school.
For students missing school due to COVID-19 or a quarantine period, the regular sick policy for attendance will be followed. We are not offering online class options this school year.
If your son is vaccinated please forward a photo of his vaccination record to the nurse at email@example.com so it can be documented in his file.
Answers to COVID-19
Visit the Ohio Department of Health's website dedicated to COVID-19 to find educational resources, the latest statistics regarding the virus, answers to frequently asked questions, helpful tips and checklists for coping with the pandemic and resources for economic support.
Exposure & Quarantine Guidelines
We are following the Ohio Department of Health guidance for quarantine after exposure in K-12 classroom settings. Click here to review the flowchart.