ACT Prep Course
La Salle High School Offers ACT Prep Course:
This Fall course is offered for seniors (who are still in the process of testing for college admission and/or scholarships) and for juniors (who will be taking the ACT for possible graduation credit in the spring of this school year and who will possibly test again in the Summer or Fall of 2019).
We have found the course to be most beneficial for students who are personally motivated to devote the time required for the sessions. Test preparation is no different than any other skill: The more the student learns and practices, the better the student becomes. Based on this premise, La Salle is offering a focused, standardized, test preparation course. Our approach involves testing, skills review, problem- solving concepts and strategies, and practice materials. Participants will be taught skills and strategies for the ACT. (The majority of these skills and strategies can also be transferred to the SAT.)
ALL seven sessions are from 3:00-5:30 P.M. on Tuesday afternoons: September 11, 18, 25; October 2, 9, 16, and 23. These sessions will prepare the students for the October 27th and December 8th ACTs (as well as the November 3rd and December 1st SATs).
1. Class size will be limited to the first 30 paid registrants.
2. Registration is open August 22 - September 6.
3. The fee for the course is $375, which also includes the purchase of the 2018 Official ACT Prep Guide (2018-2019): ISBN-10: 1119508061 or ISBN-13: 978-111-9508069. If the student already owns the textbook or wants to purchase his own copy, the fee would be $350.
4. If there are still openings, late registrations will be accepted with the same fee of $375, but the student will need to purchase his own ACT Prep Guide Book as the texts will have already been ordered for the course.
5. The entire fee must be submitted before the student is allowed to attend the course.
6. The student must personally register online for the actual ACT and SAT tests as these require credit card and personal information.
7. Students who have previously taken our course may attend again without charge, but they must register. Please contact Mrs. Moroney directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-registration, a student and his/her parents will be required to sign a commitment form, which will be provided after registration and must be submitted at the first session so that the student is able to continue to participate in the classes.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Moroney at email@example.com