ACT Prep Course
This Winter/Spring course is offered especially for seniors (who are still in the process of testing for college admission and/or scholarships) and for juniors (who will be taking the ACT on March 12 and who will possibly test again in the Summer or Fall of 2019).
Mrs. Kathy Moroney holds a Bachelor of Science in Secondary English (English and Speech concentration), a Master of Arts in English/Comprehensive Studies, a Bachelor of Theology, a Master of Professional Studies in Missions, and a Diploma in Mandarin Chinese. Mrs. Moroney retired after 32 years of teaching, having taught at Purdue University, Miami (Ohio) University, and the University of Cincinnati. Her final 15 years were at La Salle High School, where she taught across the academic levels. During her tenure teaching AP English Language and Composition and AP English Literature and Composition, Mrs. Moroney’s students consistently scored above the national average. Through her private tutoring company, she works with students to prepare for the HSPT, PSAT, SAT, and ACT tests. As well, she tutors college- and
high school-level students in their coursework.
Mr. David Volk has held variety of positions during his 39-year tenure at La Salle High School. Currently, he serves the La Salle community as the Assistant Principal. Mr. Volk holds a Bachelor of Science in Second Mathematics and a Master of School Leadership. He is certificated in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science. During the 29 years of classroom experience, he taught Algebra I, Algebra II-Trigonometry, Geometry, AP Computer Science in C++ and Pascal programming languages, and multiple software application courses.
We have found the course to be most beneficial for students who are personally motivated to devote the time required for the sessions. Test preparation is no different than any other skill: The more the student learns and practices, the better the student becomes. Based on this premise, La Salle is offering a focused, standardized, test preparation course. Our approach involves testing, skills review, problem- solving concepts and strategies, and practice materials. Participants will be taught skills and strategies for the ACT. (The majority of these skills and strategies can also be transferred to the SAT.)
ALL eight sessions are from 3:00-5:30 P.M. on Tuesday afternoons: January 15, 22, and 29; February 5, 12, 19, and 26; March 5. These sessions will prepare the students for the March 12th, April 4th, June 8th, and July 13th ACTs (as well as the May 4th and June 1st SATs).
1. Class size will be limited to the first 30 paid registrants.
2. Registration is open December 13-January 9.
3. The fee for the course is $375, which also includes the purchase of the 2018 Official ACT Prep Guide (2018-2019): ISBN-10: 1119508061 or ISBN-13: 978-111-9508069. If the student already owns the textbook or wants to purchase his own copy, the fee would be $350.
4. If there are still openings, late registrations will be accepted with the same fee of $375, but the student will need to purchase his own ACT Prep Guide Book as the texts will have already been ordered for the course.
5. The entire fee must be submitted before the student is allowed to attend the course.
6. The student must personally register online for the actual ACT and SAT tests as these require credit card and personal information.
7. Students who have previously taken our course may attend again without charge, but they must register. Please contact Mrs. Moroney directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-registration, a student and his/her parents will be required to sign a commitment form, which will be provided after registration and must be submitted at the first session so that the student is able to continue to participate in the classes.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Moroney at email@example.com