ACT Prep Course
La Salle High School Offers ACT Prep Course:
This Winter/Spring course is offered for seniors (who are still in the process of testing for college admission and/or scholarships) and for juniors (who will be taking the ACT for possible graduation credit in the spring of this school year and then test again in the Summer or Fall of 2018 for college admission).
***Parents and students should check online for the Ohio Department of Education Graduation Requirements for 2018.
We have found the course to be most beneficial for students who are personally motivated to devote the time required for the sessions. Test preparation is no different than any other skill: The more the student learns and practices, the better the student becomes. Based on this premise, La Salle is offering a focused, standardized, test preparation course. Our approach involves testing, skills review, problem- solving concepts and strategies, and practice materials. Participants will be taught skills and strategies for the ACT. (The majority of these skills and strategies can also be transferred to the SAT.)
ALL eight sessions are from 3:00-5:30 P.M. on Tuesday afternoons: January 23, 30; February 6, 13, 20, 27; March 6, 13. These sessions will prepare the students for the March 20th (La Salle administered ACT for the Ohio Department of Education) and the April 14th and June 9th ACTs (as well as the March 10th, May 5th, and June 2nd SATs).
1. Class size will be limited to the first 30 paid registrants.
2. Registration is open December 18 –January 17.
3. The fee for the course is $375, which also includes the purchase of the 2018 Official ACT Prep Guide. If the student already owns the textbook or wants to purchase his own copy, the fee would be $350.
4. If there are still openings, late registrations will be accepted with the same fee of $375, but the student will need to purchase his own ACT Prep Guide Book as the texts will have already been ordered for the course.
5. The entire fee must be submitted before the student is allowed to attend the course.
6. Students who took the course in the fall of 2017 may attend sessions for no additional fee, but they must register for the course with Ms. St. Martin.
7. The student must personally register online for the actual ACT and SAT tests as these require credit card and personal information.
Post-registration, a student and his/her parents will be required to sign a commitment form, which will be provided after registration and must be submitted at the first session so that the student is able to continue to participate in the classes.
Questions? Please contact Chelsey St. Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org