Lieutenant Colonel Angela F. Ochoa
Lieutenant Colonel Angela Ochoa is the Chief of Senior Leader Management for Air Mobility Command (AMC/A1L). In this position, Lt Col Ochoa is the advisor to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, for senior leader issues within the command. Prior to her current assignment, she was the Commander, 61st Airlift Squadron, 19th Operations Group, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas.
Lieutenant Colonel Ochoa received her commission in 2001 after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy. She completed specialized undergraduate pilot training in 2003 and served as an aircraft commander, instructor pilot, and evaluator pilot in the C-130E/H1/H3 and C-130J Hercules. Lieutenant Colonel Ochoa is a command pilot with more than 2,800 hours and 900 combat hours.
During her career, Lieutenant Colonel Ochoa has flow in Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, RESOLUTE SUPPORT, FREEDOM’S SENTINEL, and VOLANT SHOGUN. She served as a Joint Strategic Planner, Joint Exercises and Training Division, Directorate for Joint Force Development, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C. Lieutenant Colonel Ochoa served as an Air Force Fellow in the McConn Public Policy Internship at the McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University, Washington D.C. She is a Distinguished Graduate of Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training and C-130 Initial Qualification Training. Lieutenant Colonel Ochoa received the Commandant's Leadership Award and is a Distinguished Graduate of Squadron Officer School.
2001 Bachelor of Science in Biology, United States Air Force Academy, CO
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL
2008 Master of Science in Exercise Science, California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA
2011 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence)
2014 Master of Policy Management, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
1. January 2002 – September 2002, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, TX
2. September 2002 – February 2003, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, NAS Corpus Christi, TX
3. September 2003 – January 2007, Aircraft Commander, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, AK
4. January 2007 - May 2011, Wing Executive Officer and Evaluator Pilot, 50th Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, AR
5. May 2011 – May 2013, Joint Strategic Planner, Joint Staff J-7, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
6. May 2013 – May 2014, Air Force Fellow, McConn Public Policy Internship, McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
7. May 2015 – June 2016, Chief of Safety, Little Rock AFB, AR
8. June 2016 – April 2018, Commander, 61st Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, AR
(Commander, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
9. May 2018 – Present, Chief of Senior Leader Management, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and five oak leaf clusters
2003 Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training Distinguished Graduate
2003 C-130E Formal Training Unit Distinguished Graduate
2006 Squadron Officer School Distinguished Graduate and Commandant’s Leadership Award 2013-2014 Air Force Fellow
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 2,800
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-44, C-130E/H1/H3, and C-130J