Jake Pucci, Director of Admissions
Welcome to La Salle High School! As a Catholic school in the Lasallian tradition, we prepare our young men to achieve their full potential in mind, body and spirit. Our devoted students, passionate staff and incredible parent and alumni community all work together to continue our legacy of being a first-class high school.
For the student who wants to excel in and beyond the classroom, La Salle High School provides a unique, Christian brotherhood that fosters personal discovery through intentional, experiential, service-based learning connections to develop authentic men.
As an all-male, Catholic high school, La Salle offers prospective students and families every opportunity you would expect of a large high school, but in a warm, welcoming and smaller class-size environment. La Salle is passionate about our diversity and admits students of any race, religion, color, socioeconomic background and national or ethnic origin.
Interested in learning more? Complete the steps below to explore what La Salle has to offer.
1. Create an admissions account
There are one of two ways to create your admissions account for La Salle High School:
Completing the inquiry form will register your interest with La Salle and grant you access to the items below, including scheduling a shadow visit. Scheduling a shadow visit will schedule you for a shadow day, register your interest and grant you access to the items below.
Your admissions account will grant you full access to the following:
- Application for admission
- Math teacher recommendation form
- English teacher recommendation form
Once your account has been created, you can access it anytime by clicking here. If you have any issues or questions with your account, please contact Jake Pucci, Director of Admissions at 513-741-2365.
NEW! Download the admissions software mobile app to manage your son's application checklist. Search "OpenApply" in your app store to download the OpenApply: School Admissions app or you can learn more by clicking here.
2. Schedule a VIP shadow visit
Visiting La Salle High School is the best way to experience what our great school has to offer. VIP Shadow visits are only available for current 8th-grade boys.
- Arrival/Dismissal - the shadow day will begin at 8:30am in La Salle's Alumni Heritage Room located at the rear of the building. A member of La Salle's staff will be there to welcome you! The shadow day will conclude at approximately 2:15pm. Pick-up will also be in La Salle's Alumni Heritage Room.
- Dress Code - students should arrive in business casual clothing such as:
- dress pants/shorts (khaki, black, navy, etc...).
- polo or collared shirt, grade school spirit wear, La Salle spirit wear, or red t-shirt.
- Sneakers, gym shoes, or dress shoes are also acceptable.
- Jeans, sweatpants, slippers, sandals, or cargo pants/shorts are not permitted.
- Lunch - your son is our guest and we will take care of lunch, free of charge.
- Parents - parents dropping off their son for a VIP shadow visit are welcome to stick around, from 8:30am-9:00am, to have coffee with Jake Pucci, Director of Admissions, and learn about La Salle, talk about the admissions process, and get a tour of campus.
Available shadow days at La Salle High School for the 2023-24 school year are:
September - 8, 12, 19, 26
October - 2, 6, 9, 10, 13, 17, 20, 23, 24, 27
November - 6, 7, 10, 13, 14, 17, 21, 28
December - 1, 4, 5, 11, 12
January - 5, 9, 30
3. Review tuition assistance information
La Salle High School has a long tradition of working with families to help them achieve their dream of providing a Lasallian Catholic education for their sons. Each year La Salle sets aside funds to assist families with this Catholic education in the form of tuition assistance. In fact, over 92% of La Salle families receive some type of tuition assistance! Below is a list of the types of tuition assistance La Salle offers to their families:
- Lasallian Education Grants (Financial Aid)
- De La Salle Service Scholarships
- Academic Scholarships
- Alumni Legacy Grants
- Family Named Scholarships
- Catholic Inner-city School\'s Education Fund (CISE)
- Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship (ODE)
- Autism Scholarship (ODE)
- Educational Choice Scholarship (ODE)
- Catholic Education Foundation Grants (CEF)
Tuition and fees for the 2023-2024 school year is $12,975
Families wishing to apply for financial aid need to complete a FACTS financial aid application. Click here to apply for financial aid. Please note, current 8th-grade families applying for financial aid need to submit a FACTS application by Friday, December 15, 2023.
For more information regarding tuition assistance opportunities, please visit our Business Office page.
4. Take the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The High School Placement Test for the class of 2028 will be held on Saturday, November 18, 2023.
5. Submit teacher recommendations
Current 8th-graders applying for the 2024-25 school year need to submit two teacher recommendations with their application for admission.
- Math teacher recommendation can come from a current 8th-grade or previous 7th-grade math teacher
- English teacher recommendation can come from a current 8th-grade or previous 7th-grade English teacher
To send the teacher recommendations, simply log into your admissions account, click on "checklist" on the left, then click either the math or English teacher recommendation link you wish to send. You will need to have the following information in order to send the recommendation to your teacher:
- Teacher's first name
- Teacher's last name
- School's name
- Teacher's email
Recommendations should be submitted to your teachers by December 1, 2023.