Director: Angelo Sylvester; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pride of La Salle Band is made up of students from La Salle, Mercy, McAuley, Ursuline, and Catholic grade schools. Our motto is: Faith, Music, Excellence. We try to emulate our motto in all things we do. Students are pushed to become the best version of themselves.
The Pride of La Salle Band is an all-year activity for students. It includes:
- Marching Band during the fall season. Marching Band performs at all home football games as well as in local and national band competitions. The Pride of La Salle Band is consistently a top performer in class at MSBA and BOA events.
- Wind Ensemble is during the winter and spring. Wind Ensemble performs several times including the Festival of Bands and Spring Concert. The ensemble is consistently ranked as Superior at OMEA Large Group Adjudicated Events.
- Percussion Ensemble is during the winter and spring. Percussion Ensemble performs twice a year including the Spring Junior Concert.
- Jazz Band Students rehearse after school and play music in the Jazz idiom. Improvisation is not required to perform with this ensemble. The Jazz band performs at band concerts and at the Meatballs & Music fundraiser in March.
- The Pep Band supplies music for La Salle varsity home basketball games. The classic crowd-pleasers are played at pre-game, halftime and during the game. Pep Band starts in December and continues until the end of the regular basketball season.
- Members of the band program are regularly selected through auditions for positions in OMEA All-District, OMEA All-State, and other local Honor Bands.
- Winter Guard is during the winter and spring season. Winter Guard competes in local and regional guard competitions including the World Competitions. In 2015 the guard finished their season qualifying as a Semi-Finalist at Winter Guard International (WGI) World Championships. They finished in the top 40 world wide and as the top Class A guard from Ohio.
As part of the Lasallian service outreach, the Pride of La Salle is proud to offer many ways for grade schoolers to hone their skills through our fun and educational Junior Programs:
- Junior Guard teaches grade schoolers to dance and spin flags.
- Junior Percussion teaches grade schoolers how to play drum and mallet instruments.
- La Salle Elementary Artists Program (LEAP Band) is an introduction for grade schoolers to the world of wind instruments (Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone etc etc).
The Marching Band also hosts a wildly popular Grade School Night during a home football game.
Since first qualifying for Mid States Band Association Finals in 2010 the band has finished no lower than 4th place. Including winning a Class AA Championship in 2012. In 2011 and 2012 the Marching Band was named a national Semi-Finalist (top 34 bands in the country) at the Bands of America Grand National Championships. Please visit our booster site for more information about the Pride of La Salle Band!