La Salle moves to online classes beginning March 17
- Home Page
Dear La Salle families,
Today Governor DeWine issued a statement for all schools in the state of Ohio to close for three weeks beginning next week. “We have to do this if we’re going to slow this down,” he stated. Tomorrow will be our last day with students in the building until April 6.
As you know, Monday is a scheduled professional development day for staff. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, La Salle High School will be closed for three weeks.
Here are the details;
- La Salle will conduct online classes beginning March 17. Students are not to report to the building after tomorrow.
- Students are not permitted in the school, De La Salle building or on campus after Friday afternoon.
- Tomorrow, all students must clean out their lockers and take everything home with them including laptops, power cords, books, materials, etc. We will be deep cleaning the school while students are out of the building.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17, all students are required to log in to their computers and check their email to receive updates and instructions from their teachers. All lessons will be conducted virtually for the next three weeks. We will communicate specifics after Monday’s professional development session.
- All field trips and after-school extracurricular activities are suspended beginning today for the next three weeks.
- Coaches will be communicating directly with players and families regarding scheduled practices and games.
- Mom Prom scheduled for this Sunday, March 15, has been canceled. Please allow us a couple of weeks to process refunds. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
We will share additional information if things change and as we learn more. Please keep an eye on your inbox as we will continue to communicate directly to parents and guardians by email. We will also update our social media pages and website with details. We’ve listed answers to several frequently asked questions below.
Our goal is to keep our students, staff and families healthy while being flexible and creative with the use of technology to continue with our classwork and lessons, providing our young men with an excellent education. Thank you for your patience and flexibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t have access to internet service at home?
Please email email@example.com or call 513-741-3000 for assistance.
When will school be back in session?
Per the Governor, K-12 schools are to be closed for three weeks beginning on Monday, March 16. At this time the plan is for our building to open on April 6 for classroom instruction.
Where can I find more information about COVID-19?
The CDC website is your best resource for updates and information.
My student receives accommodations for his learning. How will he be supported using a virtual classroom model?
Our intervention specialists are working on a plan to accommodate and support our students while the building is closed. They will be meeting with students individually tomorrow. (We will provide regular check-in times as well as have online office hours.)
I have an IEP meeting scheduled during the upcoming three weeks. Should I still attend?
Intervention specialists will communicate directly with parents regarding your son’s IEP meeting.
What about Kairos and the summer immersion trips?
Kairos 103 has been rescheduled for April 6 - 9. Campus Ministry will contact students and families directly with an update.
At this time we are not canceling the summer immersion trips. We will continue to monitor the situation in Ohio and our country and make decisions accordingly. We will share updates as more information becomes available.
My son received donations for a summer immersion trip. What happens to that money if the trips are canceled?
In the event we have to cancel any of our summer immersion trips there are several options for donations already received. They can be held for a future trip, donated to La Salle or be refunded. We will handle each case individually in the event the trips are canceled.
Is state testing cancelled?
At this point, we are able to accommodate AIR testing as currently scheduled by the state. We will keep you updated should anything change per the Ohio Department of Education guidelines.
What will happen to our scheduled spring break the week of April 13?
At this time, our spring break is on as scheduled.