La Salle last day of school date change
Greetings La Salle students and parents,
As a result of Governor DeWine’s Monday announcement that we will not return to 3091 North Bend Road this school year, our team has been working to determine the most effective and meaningful way to wrap up the end of the year.
Below are some important updates :
- Since we are not requiring end of course exams as planned, school will end earlier than was originally scheduled.
- May 13 will be the last day for seniors.
- May 19 will be the final day for underclassmen.
- Senior Declarations will take place virtually with families and mentors on May 12.
- This year, staff members will personally deliver senior yard signs, t-shirts and earned awards to every single member of the class of 2020 on May 13. We hate that our seniors are missing out on so many of our Lasallian traditions and celebrations and we are doing our best, while following the CDC’s health and safety guidelines, to make this special time meaningful for our students. More specifics for the class of 2020 will be shared separately once we finalize year-end plans internally.
- We understand some students may still have textbooks and equipment that belongs to La Salle, at home. We are still working through the best and safest process for returning items and will share an update once we have worked through the details.
Parents, I understand you may still have questions and concerns. Parent meetings aren’t permitted under Governor DeWine’s order but that doesn’t mean we can’t still connect! I will be “going live” on our Facebook page on Thursday, April 30 at 6 pm and encourage you to be a part of the conversation. I’ll do my best to address as many questions as I can while we stream the online discussion for you. I look forward to hearing from you online on April 30.
Students will also have a chance to share ideas, voice any concerns and get answers to their questions during an Instagram live session on Tuesday, April 28 at 7pm. Tune in and let your voice be heard.
Live Jesus in our hearts...