Construction has begun at La Salle High School!
Dear parents, students, future Lancers, staff, alumni and benefactors,
As the 2019-20 school year comes to a close, we are excited to share some positive news regarding our summer renovations and construction projects.
If you’ve driven past 3091 North Bend Road, you may have already seen plastic sheeting on our windows and some additional equipment in our parking lots. We are thrilled to announce that construction has begun and our building is already in transformation!
If there is a silver lining to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s that an empty school building has allowed us to move our construction timelines up. Construction teams have already begun demolition in preparation for our upgrades.
This summer’s changes include:
- Relocating and updating our electrical service
- Replacing the existing windows along the east façade adjacent to the exit lane from the south parking lot, the north façade facing North Bend Road and the west façade facing the adjacent residential neighborhood
- Replacing the curtain wall at the secondary entrance
- Removing the existing barrel vault port cochere (that’s a fancy term for the scalloped awning above the glass doors facing North Bend Road) and redesigning that main entrance
- Giving the front of our building a facelift by redesigning the decorative fins on the north facade of the building
- Replacing the existing HVAC system and lighting in all rooms on the second and third floors along the north side of the building. Yes, we will have air-conditioning next year!
- Refinishing the second-floor classrooms
- Adding a new office to the current main office to move the counseling department to the second floor from the media center
- Installing new furnishings in the second and third-floor classrooms
- Including La Salle branding in the renovated rooms, offices and hallways
We will continue to share updates with you as the summer continues. Keep an eye on our social media pages for before and after photos and video progress reports. We are also developing a website to share additional information about this exciting undertaking. Stay tuned!
We are grateful to our donors for allowing us to enhance the educational experience of our Lancers. We know our students and staff are looking forward to air-conditioned classrooms next fall!
Live Jesus in our Hearts…