Employment Opportunities - Staff Positions
Public Relations, Communications and Marketing Director
As a Catholic School in the Lasallian tradition, La Salle High School prepares young men to achieve their full potential in body, mind and spirit.
We are seeking to hire a Public Relations/Communications and Marketing staff member who will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for La Salle High School. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information, developing content and promotional opportunities, and coaching La Salle representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with clients.
- Responding to requests for information release, creating positive media opportunities, and managing press conferences with the media.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups in addition to media partners.
- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote the school and its mission.
- Planning and directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public and benefactor views of the organization's agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching La Salle representatives in effective communication strategies.
- Studying La Salle's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing content for organizational publications, including employee newsletters or stockholders' reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Conferring with stakeholders to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on public relations directives.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing and strategies.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and “buzz” with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Experience with project and budget management.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limits.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
Application: All candidates for this position must electronically submit a letter of interest, resume and list of three reference contacts to: email@example.com.
Each applicant’s resume and qualifications will be evaluated, and those deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in interviews.
Deadline to apply: June 21st , 2019
Employment is contingent on successful completion of all background checks and VIRTUS requirements. La Salle High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.