Winter 2015 Women's Fitness Program
La Salle is starting a new Women's Fitness Program! For the Winter 12-week session, we are offering 2 different course opportunities.
- Steven Schreck will be teaching a Women's Bootcamp Session
- Laura Taphorn will be teaching a Women's Yoga Session
Women are encouraged to register for one or both of the sessions-
whatever fits your fitness interest.
What: Women’s Boot Camp is designed to get you results. Fat-blasting workouts, accountability, motivation and social support to help you get into great shape, reduce stress, lose weight, increase energy, build confidence and new friendships! No matter what your level of physical fitness or age, we will ensure you burn fat and have fun, without getting injured. The types of exercises and programming will vary, but you can expect circuit training, strength training, cardio, obstacle courses, and much more. Classes are a mix of cardio, strength, power, endurance, stamina and flexibility.
Cost: Winter 12-week Session is $78 for 24 classes
When: Detailed list of classes are below; 6:00 - 6:45 AM. La Salle and the instructor reserve the right to modify the schedule based upon available facilities and instructor schedule. Instructor is Steve Schreck.
January: 6, 7, 13, 15, 21, 22, 27, 28
February: 3, 5, 11, 12, 17, 18, 24, 26
March: 4, 5, 10, 11, 17, 19, 25, 26
What: Women's Yoga is an introduction to a variety of yoga poses individually tailored toward students of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels. In depth instruction on basic poses and sequences, as well as an introduction to breath work and relaxation, included. Proper modifications will be provided to help you safely enjoy yoga and reap the benefits of regular yoga practice, which include stress reduction, flexibility, strength, and an overall feeling of well being.
Cost: Winter 12-week Session is $40 for 12 classes
When: Detailed list of classes are below; 6:00 - 6:45 AM. La Salle and the instructor reserve the right to modify the schedule based upon available facilities and instructor schedule. Instructor is Laura Taphorn.
January: 8, 14, 20, 29
February: 4, 10, 19, 25
March: 3, 12, 18, 24
Both classes will be held at La Salle High School – Location on campus is subject to change depending on session, weather and available facilities. Primary locations - La Salle Gymnasium, De La Salle Center and Lancer Stadium. Upon registration you will join the contact list for future communications.
What to Bring: Participants are encouraged to bring a water bottle, an exercise mat(or towel) and a set of light hand weights for additional resistance, if desired.
NO Single classes or prorated costs.
If you would like to pay by CHECK
Mail Checks to:
La Salle High School
c/o Angie Frigge
3091 North Bend Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45239
Instructor Steven Schreck
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Master Physical Fitness Specialist
- Level 1 CrossFit Instructor
- Certified Ohio/Kentucky Paramedic
- Fitness/Wellness Coordinator - City of Florence Fire Department
- Fitness/Wellness Coordinator - Cincinnati State FST Program
- Head Strength/Conditioning Coach LaSalle High School
Instructor Laura Taphorn
- has been practicing yoga since 1997
- working towards her 300 hour yoga teacher training program with World Peace Yoga
- working towards her 200 hour Yoga Teacher certification with the Yoga Alliance
- taught the 2014 fall La Salle Women's Bootcamp Yoga classes
- Yoga instructor for the AVO School of Ballet in Cheviot