QUESTIONS FOR THE PROSPECTIVE STUDENT ATHLETE
Below are questions student athletes may want to consider and/or ask college or university coaches.
- Does the college offer the major you want?
- What percentage of the players graduate in 5-yrs?
- What academic support is offered to student athletes?
- How many credit hours should I take in season?
- Is summer school available and what percent of the team goes?
- How many credit hours does an athlete take in summer school?
- What academic support is offered in summer school?
- What are the housing and food accommodations in summer school?
- What restrictions are there in scheduling classes around practices?
- What accommodations are made for away games and classes missed?
- What is the faculty to student ratio?
- What percentage of the students in my major get a job in that field?
- What all is included in this scholarship?
- Will I be red-shirted my first year?
- What position will I be playing?
- How many other athletes are you recruiting in my position?
- How often do the players lift in season and out of season?
- When does the head coach’s contract end?
- What happens if I am injured and can no longer play?
- How long does my scholarship last?
- How many players were drafted last year?
- How many players had free-agent tryouts?
- How many players are in the professional league?
- How far away do you want to be?
- How big of a school do you want to attend?
- Do you want an urban or a rural setting?
- Where do the athletes live?
- Where do the athletes eat?
- What are the residence halls like?
- Do most athletes live on campus?
- What opportunities are there for jobs during the year?
- Can freshmen have cars on campus?
- How do the students get around campus and town?
- What places are around campus for food, hotels, shopping and entertainment